spa502g problem during booting up

Unanswered Question
Nov 6th, 2009

Dear All,

I've came across strange issue on the SPA502G IP phones.

The phones were tested by one of our partners, after the tests both phones hang during bootup process, after connecting power to phone it starts.. Cisco logo appears, then message Initializing Network appears and phone stays in this state(I've checked for more than 20 minutes, the phone doesn't go to the next stage) until we disconnect power. After powering it up again we get the same behavior Initializing Network message on the display.

We can't get to the phone menu when  we press the menu button on the phone, nothing happens.

I've checked the DHCP server, the phone gets IP address, we can get to the web UI, but phone doesn;t accept any changes, after pressing the Submit Changes Button, there is message that phone may reboot, but again nothing happens, we have only the Initializing network message on the display.

I've tried to upload new firmware but application stops at the stage when phone should be idle in order to download the file.

Does anyone has solution to this problem?

Best Regards,

Lukasz

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Patrick Born Fri, 11/06/2009 - 15:42

Hi Lukasz,

The initializing network message displays while the phone is acquiring a dynamic IP address from a DHCP server.

It's interesting that the phones are acquiring an IP address and yet not proceeding beyond this point.

The phones support Cisco Discovery Protocol (CDP). Is it possible that something on the network is sending them to another VLAN or something similar?

Can you run a Wireshark trace on the LAN so we can see what is being sent on the LAN?

Regards,

Patrick

----------

lukasz_naumowicz Thu, 11/12/2009 - 04:26

Hi Patrick,

There is no VLANs in the network other than native vlan. There are also no CDP capable routers.

I've attached packet trace from the phone(packet capture started before phone was connected to network and then during boot up process) and snapshot of web configuration.

As you can see phone has IP address 192.168.3.151,  we can get to web interface, but all the time there is Initializing Network message on the display.

Br,

Lukasz

Attachment: 
bachaa Wed, 12/09/2009 - 06:12

Ran into the same issue-

Had to reset phone-

Unplug power

Plug power

123456789*0#

And it downloaded the firmware and started working..

V/R,

Praveen

Actions

This Discussion

Related Content