Views
Helpful
Replies

DTMF issues on UC520

onsitecomp
Level 1
Level 1

HI there

I have just rebuilt my UC520 and have noticed when I call any number with an auto attendant, asking to press 1 for this and 2 for that, my keystrokes from any phone does not get picked up.

I have been using CCA to configure this. Is there something I missed?

thanks

5 Replies 5

balukr
Level 2
Level 2

Are you using regular POTS lines in FXO ports or SIP trunk? If you are using SIP trunk you may need to call the provider to allow inbound DTMF (RFC 2833).

sreed
Level 1
Level 1

More specific please. Do you have this issue when you call IN to an auto attendant (AA) or when you call OUT to an AA?

If it is in check the configuration of the AA and ensure that you have checked the box to enable "Dial by Number Anytime"

It is when I am using the SIP trunk to dial out. For example, when I call cisco support, their AA will not recognise the keys I push. I hope this helps.

I will look at the document posted in a sec.

thanks

Would help to look at your config for the SIP trunk and also the debugs for one such failed call using CCA 2.1.1 as below:

Troubleshoot > Telephony Diagnostics > Voice Debug Log. Select device, check VoIP (SIP) and click Apply Debug. Make the failed call or the event, save
log file to Log File Directory and click on Generate Troubleshooting Log.

Also, was this working prior to re configuration?

What DTMF method does your SIP Trunk provider support - the UC500 requires RFC2833 so please check with the SIP Trunk provider on this.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: