cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Visual Voicemail Messaging

Bernece Johnson
Level 1
Level 1

We have visual voicemail running and appears to be working just fine, except when trying to forward messages to another unity mail box. But if you switch back to audio voicemail it works fine. Any ideas.

4 Replies 4

Tray Stoutmeyer
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In order to help we need more info here. You say you forward a message and that seems to be when things don't work. How to they NOT work? What is the difference in how each behaves?

Tray

It is in visual voicemail that you can not forward a message, but the same message can be forwarded if you go into audio voicemail. You get the message that is something link voicemail server is down try again later. But you can still listen and delete while in visual voicemail just not forward the message

I have no problems doing this in my lab setup. I can't recreate the failure. Please open a tac case on this. It might even be a permissions issue. The user you are sending from should have UnityMsgStoreSvc account Send As permissions on it in Active Directory. Make sure this exists. I imagine it does if you can do it from regular voicemail though so a TAC case would be good at this point.

Tray

Thank you for your help. I will check my settings.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: