ASK THE EXPERT - UNIFIED COMPUTING

Unanswered Question
Nov 6th, 2009

Welcome to the Cisco Networking Professionals Ask the Expert conversation. This is an opportunity to learn how Cisco Unified Computing System can simplify data center operations. Omar is the solution manager for data center switching in the Data Center Solutions team. He is responsible for messaging and positioning for the Cisco portfolio of Ethernet switching products in the Data Center. He has spent over 20 years in the IT industry and has developed a broad portfolio of experience including data center management, network operations, system engineering, field sales, and business systems analysis. Omar has also been an active CCIE since 1994.

Remember to use the rating system to let Omar know if you have received an adequate response.

Omar might not be able to answer each question due to the volume expected during this event. Our moderators will post many of the unanswered questions in other discussion forums shortly after the event. This event lasts through November 20, 2009. Visit this forum often to view responses to your questions and the questions of other community members.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 3 (2 ratings)
kandasamy03 Sat, 11/07/2009 - 11:06

I have three 2mb serial link and one 6mb Ethernet link for the destination and am using OSPF. How can i configure load sharing in all four links...

osultan Mon, 11/09/2009 - 11:06

kandasamy03:

Do you have this posted under the correct topic--perhaps under network infrastructure?

Omar

ajinc Mon, 11/09/2009 - 03:42

I have a CME in which 20 ip phones connected, my issue is that calles are not showing the Caller Id of the originating phone,It is only showing my pilot number for all the calls

Call flow

IP Phone---CME---Mobile Number

I am not getting the originating ephone number instead getting the pilot nummber.

osultan Mon, 11/09/2009 - 11:03

ajinc:

Perhaps you want to post this under the Unified Communications topic, not Unified Computing?

Omar

jocai Thu, 11/12/2009 - 01:33

A question on UCS B-series: Do we have any sizing guidelines for using VMware on our B-series?

osultan Sat, 11/14/2009 - 15:09

jocai:

Since sizing is completely based on the type of workload there is no generic guideline but for VDI workload for example we have published a whitepaper that details sizing for VDI environment with ESX 3.5.

We are currently working on two other sizing guides for VMWare which should be available in December:

- VDI (View 4) with VSphere 4

- Microsoft Exchange in VMware environment

In addition there is a VMware sizer tool for UCS in the works.

See if any of these help:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/solutions/Enterprise/Data_Center/App_Networking/vdiucswp.html

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/services/ps2961/ps10312/ps10320/Cisco_UC_PDI_DS.pdf

Regards,

Omar

Actions

This Discussion