Views
Helpful
Replies

Another IP Communicator one way audio anomoly

dancmckeel
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I just installed IPC 7.0.3 on a system with a non-supported VPN. The VPN does create a virtual NIC and is assigned an IP address from the LAN subnet so it does work (for the most part).

My situation is a little different than other posters I've seen. Here are my scenarios:

1. IPC on the LAN = all works fine.

2. Outside calls over VPN (PSTN to IPC or IPC to PSTN) = all works fine.

3. Inside calls over VPN (IPC to Cisco handset) = one way audio. Handset user doesn't hear IPC user but IPC user hears handset user.

The interesting thing is the IPC caller can leave a voicemail message if the handset user doesn't pick up.

I've installed the IPC Administration Tool and enabled HTTP access. The getIP.asp file is accessible. I also put the URL in the IP Address Auto Detection URL field.

Because the audio from the IPC (via VPN) can get to the Unity server but not to the handset user, I'm not sure I understand how this could be a firewall issue.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Dan

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I just installed IPC 7.0.3 on a system with a non-supported VPN

The issue is always the same: your VPN blocks RTP/UDP packets from remote. Either fix or replace your VPN.

Hello,

If the VPN is blocking RTP/UDP traffic, wouldn't that mean the IPC user wouldn't be heard by the external caller? Wouldn't it also mean the IPC user wouldn't be able to leave a voicemail on a an internal users extension?

Can you elaborate so I can get a better understanding on how this works?

Thank you,

Dan

What happens, it usually blocks packets going from outside to inside so you have one-way voice.

It may not block packets in some circumstances, so it works for certain calls.

There is nothing you can do beside fixing or replacing it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: