cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Router 1841 help

shanemcanuff
Level 1
Level 1

I have a cisco 1841 router connected to a ASA 5520 via a switch, I config the ASA to route to the router and I can get access to the remote network connect on the router, when I connect to the network on the router and try access a system on the ASA I can't however I can ping the ASA int.. I would know that due the the state of the ASA it will drop the traffic cause the ASA did not get the traffic. I would like to know how do I set up the router to route traffic to the ASA network.

3 Replies 3

Jerry Ye
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The 1841 is on the inside or outside of the ASA? What network is behind the ASA? For example, use the following if x.x.x.0 is a class C network behind the ASA, and y.y.y.y is the ASA's IP address.

ip route x.x.x.0 255.255.255.0 y.y.y.y

Make sure your ASA has a return route back to the 1841.

Also, if the 1841 is on the outside of the ASA, make sure you have an ACL the allow the traffic go through, and check your NAT control on the ASA also.

HTH,

jerry

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you the end user? Why not consulting a professional that will sort this out for you in a second.

Thanks guys I got it fix, I did not get the routing on the router right. No I am not the end users and not all the time it is good to jump and get a consult.. on every little problem...

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card