MUXAHMUXAH2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

How to permit ALL on my PIX501 fw?

BR

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You need to open the ACL, only if there is one on the inside high security interface.

If you are pinging from an inside host you will not be able to ping the outside interafec of the ASA, only the inside.

For being able to ping outside hosts check your natting on the firewall. You need to translate the inside host in such a way that the outside host has a route back.

I hope it helps.

PK

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

hdashnau
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Details are lacking on this question. To create an ACL that permits all traffic:

access-list myacl permit ip any any

-heather

I am asking because I cannot ping my outside interface and any other outside ip.

You need to open the ACL, only if there is one on the inside high security interface.

If you are pinging from an inside host you will not be able to ping the outside interafec of the ASA, only the inside.

For being able to ping outside hosts check your natting on the firewall. You need to translate the inside host in such a way that the outside host has a route back.

I hope it helps.

PK

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card