Views
Helpful
Replies

WCS Map Editor Won't Load

Mike Bailey
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Have just installed WCS 6.0.132.0 as part of a new installation.

Have defined my buildings and loaded floor plans (PNG) however every time I try and use the Map Editor it just hangs at "Loading(%) 0%" and nothing happens.

Have ensured flash is installed.

Any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Lucien Avramov
Level 10
Level 10

Yes, this is a bug I filed :

CSCtc41084 WCS map import from file fails and does not provide an error message

The problem is that images over 72 dpi are not yet supported in WCS 6.0. The next wcs release should fix this.

In the meantime, your workaround is to save the image under a different format or the same format but not over 72 dpi resolution.

BTW, feel free to post any WCS questions at the ASK THE EXPERT SECTION and I will answer there.

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Wireless%20-%20Mobility&topic=Security%20and%20Network%20Management&topicID=.ee6e8c0&fromOutline=&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.2cd4e34e

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Lucien Avramov
Level 10
Level 10

Yes, this is a bug I filed :

CSCtc41084 WCS map import from file fails and does not provide an error message

The problem is that images over 72 dpi are not yet supported in WCS 6.0. The next wcs release should fix this.

In the meantime, your workaround is to save the image under a different format or the same format but not over 72 dpi resolution.

BTW, feel free to post any WCS questions at the ASK THE EXPERT SECTION and I will answer there.

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Wireless%20-%20Mobility&topic=Security%20and%20Network%20Management&topicID=.ee6e8c0&fromOutline=&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.2cd4e34e

Thanks, slightly frustrating as every piece of image editting software I have saves at 96 dpi and when I try to reduce to 72 dpi they become unreadable.

Will have to keep on trying I suppose or buy alternate image software!

Thanks again

Or save them as jpeg, that may work

No luck I'm afraid, saved to 72dpi JPG as attached and map editor still doesn't do anything as attached.

Sorted now - problem with the client.

Used a different client with IE7 (original only had IE6) and with 72dpi image all is fine.

Thanks

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card