cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP Provider Template

ciscojoe837
Level 1
Level 1

I wanted to know how I can create my own XML template for my sip provider?  I see several default ones and I know you can use the General one too, but I'd like to create my own and put it in the appropriate folder so that it shows up in the list as well.  So, if there was a template to follow for the fields to enter I could just plug them in and save it to the folder.

Thanks.

9 Replies 9

Maulik Shah
Level 5
Level 5

Please provide the below info (response for all fields is required) and I can generate one for you - at this time its not possible to create your own template in CCA but something we will open up in the future:

Name of SP

Dial Plan Locale (Country)

Fields to show on the SIP Trunk tab:

Proxy Server (Primary) Y/N

Proxy Server (Backup) Y/N

Registrar Server Y/N

Outbound Proxy Server Y/N

Digest Authentication (username / password) Y/N

Other:

Fax protocol  T.38 or G711ulaw upspeed or G711alaw upspeed

DTMF RFC 2833  with RTP payload type 101

Register all DIDs Y/N

If register all DIDs, then - all DIDs have same password OR unique password

DSCP marking Signaling cs3

DSCP marking RTP ef

Actually it's the same fields as Cbeyond except the Service Provider is BabyTel.  There is one catch:  I need the Outbound Proxy Server to be able to take a different port number than the default 5060.  As of now, I need to edit this in the CLI and put a :5065 at the end -- the CCA doesn't take the :5065.  In other words, there should be a field to change the default port number if the ITSP requires it.  In my case it does.

What's the process to get an ITSP added to the list by default?

Thanks.

Attached is a template based on Cbeyond with 2 changes:

- name

- target port is 5065 instead of 5060

Note our intent is keep SIP Trunk parameter customization on the GUI to a minimum to prevent any mis config so a lot of the customization is not there.

Adding an SP to the drop down requires complete interop testing by both SP & Cisco as well as a business proposition on the partnership. The intent is not to add every single SP to the drop down as the list would become unwieldy - however for requests such as yours we could provide an XML and post this on the community so all could access.

If you feel Babytel is important - PM me and we can discuss this offline

That's great I'll test it out.  The 5065 port is only on the Outbound Proxy Server Field, the other two fields are the standard 5060 - Proxy Server (Primary) and Registrar Server.  Is that what is reflected int the xml attachment?  I just want to be sure the :5065 doesn't get added the other two fields as well because the ITSP doesn't use 5065 on these fields.

Thanks again.

Joe

I forgot to ask what folder this file goes in or how it gets applied.  I don't see an import tab on the CCA.

Info on how to upload a template is below:
https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9724

On a related topic...is it possible to have more than one ITSP on the UC520?  Let's say I have two ITSP's, one for local and the other for long distance - just as an example.  I don't see anything in the CCA to confiugre more than one ITSP.  Is this even possible on the UC520?  If so, can it be done at the command line?  If not, will it be available in a future IOS release?

Thanks.

CUrrently CCA 2.2 or earlier does not allow for multiple SIP Trunk providers - this is something we are looking at in the next major CCA release.

With CLI and the 8.0 SW pack - you can configure 2 SIP trunk providers to route calls to.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: