Views
Helpful
Replies

Qos :traffic is configured for 27Mbps , but the average is exceeding 30Mbps

Haris P
Level 4
Level 4

Dear Experts ,

I configured a Qos policy for one of my customer so that the traffic will be shaped to 27Mbps , but most of the time I'm seeing that the traffic is going more than 30Mbps

Please see the attached outputs

I will rate the helful comments

regards,

Haris

3 Replies 3

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you look carefully at all those stats. . .

Offered load 31,258,000 bps

less drop rate of 3,628,000 bps

equals transmitted rate of 27,630,000 bps, which is under the target rate of 27,648,000 bps.

Dear Joseph,

I have the SNMP graph for that interface , which is also saying the traffic is exceeding the configured value

If you are saying that the transmitted rate is only 27Mb ,then why the graph is showing like this ?

Regards

haris

Can't say for sure since for starters I don't know what you're polling nor the capabilities of your SNMP graphing package. However, in the little snipet of CBWFQ stats you provided, it appears to be at least one other class, class-default, with another 1.5 Mbps shaper. In other word, don't know what other traffic your configuration might be permitting through the interface. My reply only addressed the information you had posted which didn't seem to account for the drop rate. You asked about a 27 Mbps shaped rate to a customer and showed individual class stats with such a class shaper. Now you mention interface bandwidths from SNMP interface data bandwidth usage graph. That's fine, but please try to post all relevant info and make clear what's your issue.

PS:

BTW, I don't have much expertise with SNMP packages or MIBs, i.e. if there's an issue there, doubt I'll be able to comment further. However, if you can limit yourself to posting the device's interface stats and showing more of the config, might be able to further resolve whether there is an issue with the shaper or whether it's just a lack of understanding with either its stats or how it functions.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card