Views
Helpful
Replies

Linksys Cisco RVS4000 Port Forwarding issue

zeropoint46
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am having an issue with the RVS4000 not forwarding ports properly. Everything was working perfectly untill today all I did was changed an ip of one of my port forwards and click save. once the system reloaded I could not connect to any of my forwarded ports including the one I changed. I logged in and checked the "IP Conntrak" and noticed that all connections to the device from the wan interface to the internal network say "SYN_SENT". Furthermore I have changed nothing but one ip address and IPS is enabled.  I do not understan what could be wrong. I Have rebooted the device and unplugged the power for a bit and plugged it back in to no avail. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. thanks.

1 Reply 1

David Carr
Level 6
Level 6

If you changed just the ip address in the portforwarding rules, then we can rule out the ports.  It has to be something from the device the ports are forwarded to.  Is it a protocol that has to be enabled on the device, like rdp or something like that or just a port needing forwarded?  I would try disabling the IPS since that is the only other thing you did and see if that helps.  Finally as a test to verify that the router is not messing up the port forwarding.  Go to the other devices that was working and change the ip address to the new ip address you are using and see if that works.  If it works then the router is not blocking the forwarding. Another thing to do is make sure you don't have an ip conflict on the network with that Ip address. Give that a try and see what you come up with.