Views
Helpful
Replies

UC500 and 7.0.4 upgrade

jmathews63002
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I upgraded my UC500 with the 7.0.4 version and my phones are not registering.  Seems like the phone loads are missing.  I checked the Flash: and see the phone loads but the phones so not see them.  I checkecd CCA and dont see any phone loads.  I tried reloading the phone loads and it tells me that the phone loads are already there.  Please let me know how to get my phones registered.

Jibu

9 Replies 9

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Jibu,

You are working on a UC520 (not UC540) correct?

From what SW Bundle ZIP did you upgrade from?

Did you use CCA 2.1.1 to perform the upgrade?  If not, what CCA release?

What PHONE MODELS are not working?

Did you see the new CCA Phone Load Manager instantiate during the SW Upgrade process from CCA?

Phone loads on flash are only one of the things CCA does for you.  The other is create the TFTP-Server statements and create the CNF files under CME Telephony-Service.

Without getting a detailed lof from CCA of the upgrade to see what (if anything, went wrong, a way you can tell whats happening is perform a TFTP-DEBUG EVENTS on the UC500, and unplug and then plug back in an IP Phone.  Then we can see what the phone is looking for and what its not finding and go from there....

Also provide a show run and show telephony-service

Steve

Hello Steve,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I am working on a UC520 and in the process of the upgrade it became unresponsive.  I had to restart the upgrade and then got the UC 500 working but however the phones are not registering.  The phones I have are 7970, 7940,7941 & 7931.  I used CCA 2.1.1 to do the upgrade and dont see any phone loads on it. I even tried using the phone loads upgrade but it tells me that the phone loads are alredy there.

I think we need to recreate the CFN files.  I am attaching the sh run and show telephoney service.

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Jibu

A debug tftp events will help solve the problem.  Even if the phones can't upgrade because a phone load isn't there, they should still try to register.

Steve,

Still not registering.

Jibu

Please unplug all of the phones and do the following.

debug tftp events

debug ephone register

term mon

Attach the outputs here.

000829: Nov  9 17:51:39.640: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface FastEthernet0/1/0, changed state to down
UC520#
000830: Nov  9 17:51:40.644: %LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface FastEthernet0/1/0, changed state to down
UC520#
000831: Nov  9 17:51:50.032: %LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface FastEthernet0/1/0, changed state to up
000832: Nov  9 17:51:51.032: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface FastEthernet0/1/0, changed state to up

I also dont see the Phone loads in CCA.  I copied the phone loads again using CCA and still have the same issue.

Can you do a show logging?

Syslog logging: enabled (0 messages dropped, 0 messages rate-limited,
                0 flushes, 0 overruns, xml disabled, filtering disabled)

No Active Message Discriminator.

No Inactive Message Discriminator.

Console logging: level debugging, 556 messages logged, xml disabled,
                     filtering disabled
    Monitor logging: level debugging, 32 messages logged, xml disabled,
                     filtering disabled
        Logging to: vty68(31)
    Buffer logging:  disabled, xml disabled,
                     filtering disabled
    Logging Exception size (4096 bytes)
    Count and timestamp logging messages: disabled
    Persistent logging: disabled

No active filter modules.

ESM: 0 messages dropped

Trap logging: level informational, 548 message lines logged

Attachment has been removed to comply to the CSC terms of use conditions.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: