Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot get Unity 4.2 to work on CUCM 7.13

jonmo2578
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone..

In preparation for our Call Manager upgrade to 7.13 ( from 4.13 ), I have created a test environment with a Publisher and Subscriber and a copy of our existing voicemail server.

The phones are all working perfectly, however I don't seem to be able to get voicemails to record despite Unity answering the call.

We are keeping Unity on version 4.21. During the voicemail integration, I have successfully registered and verified all the ports with the subscriber and have also upgraded the tsp to Ciscos recommended 8.13.

When calls go to voicemail, Unity answers the call as normal and we get the greeting however it does not detect any audio when we try to leave a message. The event viewer shows this as a silence time out..

DTMF tones are being recognised, however I guess this is out of band so has no bearing on this apart from proviing that Unity is responding.

I can transfer existing voicemail messages between voicemail accounts, so I think the mailboxes are all ok.

I have reviewed the cisco troubleshooting document http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_tech_note09186a0080093c11.shtml and everything appears to be in order.. As this is a test lab environment, all the servers, phones and voicemail server are in the same subnet and can all ping each other.

Our Unity server works perfectly in our CM 4.13 envirmonent, so I can only think that something else needs to be updated for it to work on CUCM7.1.. Apart from the tsp file, do I need change anything else.. ?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions..

Jon.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Jon -

Make sure your Unity NIC interface is in adaptive/failover only, not in NIC teaming where each NIC is serving audio. This can result in one-way audio or other types of problems. Is the lab environment working in a virtualized environment and having problems or on physical hardware?

Ginger

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Jon,

Not sure if there was a typo in your post, but just in case;

Supported versions;

Unity 4.2(1)

**TSP 8.3(1)

CUCM 7.1(x), 7.0(x), 6.1(x), 6.0(x), 5.1(x), 5.0(x), 4.3(x), 4.2(x), 4.1(3), 4.1(2), 3.3(x)

Table 1 Supported Version Combinations for Cisco Unity, the Cisco Unity-CM TSP, and Cisco Unified Communications Manager

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/compatibility/matrix/cutspmtx.html#wp51076

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob..

Good spot !!..Yes, sorry that is a typo in my original post..

I have installed tsp 8.31 on the Unity server as recommended in the documentation and have set up the integration again..

However, Unity is still no picking up any audio..

Have I missed anything else out ?

Many thanks.

Jon.

Hi Jon -

Make sure your Unity NIC interface is in adaptive/failover only, not in NIC teaming where each NIC is serving audio. This can result in one-way audio or other types of problems. Is the lab environment working in a virtualized environment and having problems or on physical hardware?

Ginger

Cheers Ginger... It turned out that the second NIC card was not fully disabled and was therefore preventing the ports from registering properly.. Cant believe it was something so simply..

Voice messages are now recording fine.

Many thanks to everyone for all the advice..

Jon.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: