Views
Helpful
Replies

AP1242AG - IOS - Wireless neighbors

Sven Hruza
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

is there a command available on IOS accesspoints (1242AG) to see if there is another accesspoint right next to it?

I want to look for overlapping wireless areas.

Or is there such a function on the WLSE?

Thanks a lot!

3 Replies 3

krkosiorek
Level 1
Level 1

show dot11 adjacent-ap

I had a look to this command, but I read the documentation for it and think that the informations are only generated with roaming informations out of the WDS.

Is that true?

IOS command reference:

"Use the show dot11 adjacent-ap privileged EXEC command to display the fast, secure roaming list of access points that are adjacent to this access point. The WDS access point builds the adjacent access point list based on data from client devices that support fast, secure roaming. This command works only when you configure your wireless LAN for fast, secure roaming and there are client devices on your wireless LAN that support fast, secure roaming."

I don't use WDS, and that command works fine for me. Maybe it populates the table with both radio neighbors and WDS associations?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: