Where to get good labs for CCNA practicing? I have all the equip.

Unanswered Question
Nov 9th, 2009

I have about 5-6 2600 series routers, a 4000 series router, a 3600 series router and a catalyst 12 port switch. Where is a good place to find practice labs for the CCNA? I basically have a full lab here at work to use as I want. I'm stuck on where to get the labs to use though.

Thanks for the help.

I have this problem too.
1 vote
Overall Rating: 0 (2 ratings)
b.gamble Mon, 11/16/2009 - 05:38

Rather than trying to find labs, I'd try to set up scenarios based on the exam topics. For example, if it says "Configure OSPF routing between two areas" then make sure you can set up OSPF and route all over the place. Forgive me if that's a bad example; I'm not sure what the CCNA requires at this time.

That forces you to do it from the ground up which will really help your understanding. It will take longer, though. That and it's free. ;)

abrrymnvette Mon, 11/16/2009 - 06:35

That's exactly what I am asking for. I just wasn't very clear in my question. I have trouble coming up with new "scenario's." Just wondered if there was any place that had some sort of network diagrams and said use OSPF with 15 routers, 7 in area 1, 3 in area 0, etc.

viyuan700 Tue, 11/17/2009 - 07:22

"Just wondered if there was any place that had some sort of network diagrams and said use OSPF with 15 routers, 7 in area 1, 3 in area 0, etc."

As per my knowledge in CCNA you will not be asked to configure 15 router. IF you know how to configure simple topology mentioned in books like ICND2 etc, i think will be enough.

But for knowledge you can try. Have seen lab workbooks for CCIE but not for CCNA.

rupu xiao Fri, 02/26/2010 - 16:32

I'm CCIE,  providing CCNA training in Toronto. My website http://certcana.com has lots of practise exam questions, just setup your lab basing on the questions. That would be the best approach to CCNA certification. First, it helps you to pass the exam directly.  Second, you'll have all the hands-on experience as a CCNA from CISCO's viewpoint.

azimrazvi Thu, 10/28/2010 - 22:16

Hello Dear,

There are couple of institute which are provided different type of labs for CCNA practicing, but as per my knowledge "ACIT Education Pvt Ltd" is one of the #1 CCNA training institute in India which is provide professional training, exams, books and most important are its lab facility. So i think it will better for u as well as those student who wanted to learn about Cisco CCNA Course to consult with them.

daghighi.navid Thu, 01/12/2012 - 05:47

If somebody is looking for great and free CCNA labs, I recommand this web site : www.ccna-lab.com.

It has good step by step labs, with basic explanations.

It also offers somes labs on Security, Qos etc...

All the best,

daghighi.navid Thu, 01/19/2012 - 00:19

Hi Oleksandr,

On this link you gave, I saw some video on CCNA theory, but no pratical lab : did I miss something ?

Oleksandr Nesterov Thu, 01/19/2012 - 00:53

Hi Navid

Labs can be found in udemy widgets on the site.

Seems like last time I visited the site - it has been little bit changed.

Cisco_Learning_... Wed, 02/22/2012 - 12:47

Friendly Reminder: Effective this Friday, February 24th, at 5:00 p.m. (PT) all new discussion thread requests will be redirected to the Cisco Learning Network.  We encourage you now to go there to create any new discussion thread or document regarding Certifications and/or Training topics.  You may also refer to our jointly created FAQ.

This Discussion