cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

locking the ip phones

Rafael Jimenez
Level 4
Level 4

I would like to know if somebody knows a way to lock the ip phones in CME7, with a pin before place any call?.

I dont want use em or logout-profiles.

Thanks

5 Replies 5

Adrian Saavedra
Level 7
Level 7

I think you can use Call Blocking.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmeblock.html

Hope it helps, if it does please rate.

Best regards,

- Adrián.

That means that I need put working hours as after hours?

Hi Rafael,

That is correct my friend :) In most cases people only want this type of Call Blocking for after hours, but in your case you would want to include your working hours in the "after Hours" as well.

after-hours day day start-time stop-time

Example:

Router(config-telephony)# after-hours day sun 0:00 23:59

Defines a recurring period based on day of the week during which outgoing calls that match defined block patterns are blocked on IP phones

•Enter beginning and ending times for call blocking, in an HH:MM format using a 24-hour clock. The stop- time must be greater than the start-time. The value 24:00 is not valid. If you enter 00:00 as a stop time, it is changed to 23:59. If you enter 00:00 for both start time and stop time, calls are blocked for the entire 24-hour period on the specified day.

Cheers!

Rob

I had thought, but wanted a more accurate solution.

May be I will develop an xml apps for that purpouse.

Thanks.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Rafael,

Just to add another option to the good tips from Adrian (+5 points here my friend)

There is also this 3rd party product;

http://www.andtek.com/communications-products-lockout.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: