cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SGE200P mirror question

rbyrd
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to mirror two ports on a SGE2000P switch.  I have not set up any vlans but I keep getting an error that states Unknown value Port 4/g2 belongs to a vlan.  My question is how do I get this error message when I have no vlans setup?  Thank you for any help you can give me.

4 Replies 4

jarharpe
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

What firmware are you running? If you are running version 1 then you will need to upgrade to version 3. By default the SGE2000P model comes with 2 vlans and all ports are trunk. When you upgrade the firmware PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO THE FIRMWARE INSTRUCTION. Once you upgrade firmware then retry to your task. Below is some steps how to preform port mirroring.

Step 1:
Access the Web based  set-up page of the SGE2000 or SGE2000P.

Step 2:
Click  Admin > Diagnostics > Port  Mirroring. The Configuring Port Mirroring Page  opens:
Configuring Port Mirroring Page

The Configuring Port Mirroring Page contains the following  fields:

•   Source Port - Defines the port from which traffic is  mirrored.
  •   Destination Port - Defines the port to which traffic is  mirrored.
  •   Type - Indicates the port mode configuration for port  mirroring. The possible field values are:
    - RxOnly - Defines the port  mirroring on receiving ports. This is the default value.
    - TxOnly - Defines  the port mirroring on transmitting ports.
    - Tx and Rx- Defines the port  mirroring on both receiving and transmitting ports.
  •   Status - Indicates if the port is currently monitored.  The possible field values are:
    - Active - Indicates the port is currently  monitored.
    - notReady - Indicates the port is not currently  monitored.

Step 3:
Click the  Add button. The Add Port Mirroring Page opens:

Add Port Mirroring Page

The Add Port Mirroring Page contains the following fields:

• Source Port - Defines the port to which traffic is  mirrored.
  • Type - Indicates the port mode configuration for port  mirroring. The possible field values are:
    - RxOnly - Defines the port  mirroring on receiving ports. This is the default value.
    - TxOnly - Defines  the port mirroring on transmitting ports.
    - Tx and Rx - Defines the port  mirroring on both receiving and transmitting ports.

Step 4:
Define the relevant  fields.

Step 5:
Click  Apply. Port mirroring is added, and the device is updated.

Hope this helps!

Jarocca Harper

Thank you for your help.  But I needed to exclued the ports from the default vlan on the switch.

You can set all ports to access ports and assign ports to which vlan you would like.

Jarocca Harper

Or you can just turn the port off

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X