cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS BASE Process

ciscorajeev
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have 6509E switch running with single sup and sup-bootdisk:s72033-adventerprisek9_wan-vz.122-33.SXI1.bin image installed on it. I am facing high utilization problem, When checked show proc cpu output found that IOS base is utilizing 40% of cpu Alone. Then I posted the problem in netpro and got reply that its a Modular image(VZ)and in it multiple process are seen as a single process that is IOS BASE. My concern is can i see what all process is taking High cpu within IOS BASE process.

For reference i am attaching show process cpu output.

Regards

Rajeev

2 Replies 2

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Rajeev,

No attachement

arjmenon
Level 1
Level 1

You can try :"show process cpu detailed 24600" ,you should be able to see this under the 'sh proc cpu' output itself under the the ios-base....

Now generally if the CPU is high due to the kernel,ios-base processes it is normal .

If you are noticing values of ~40-50% this is not something to be concerned about.

If indeed you are running into constantly high values(>80%-100%) this is a problem.

Most likely these would be software related bugs and is advised to move to another ION version.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card