cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

User Tracking Acquisition (IP Phones)

Rick Meier
Level 1
Level 1

The User Tracking Acquisition (End Hosts) collects end hosts and IP phones into the one bucket. The system does not differentiate between the devices. It does find all of the IP phones. How do I get the IP Phones into the separate bucket for IP Phones. All end hosts and IP phones get their addresses via DHCP.

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In order for UT to classify IP phones as IP phones, they must be Cisco IP phones registered to a Cisco Call Manager which is also properly managed by Campus Manager. This means that the CCM must show up on the topology map with a green application server icon. The CCM must also allow UT to poll the ccmPhoneTable from the CISCO-CCM-MIB.

Thank you for your response. I've checked the CCM and found that SNMP was not config'd and SNMP servcies were not turned on. I've done both. I can now see the CCMs on the topology view but they remain red. In the toplogy list view both servers are listed as unreachable. Yet I can ping them from the CW server.

Make sure the DCR credentials are correct for these CCMs. Test SNMP using the SNMP Walk tool from Device Center.

Got it working. Thanks for your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: