cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IMProcess

downeast75
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, We have a recent install of LMS 3.2 on a Solaris server. When attempting to create collectors in IPM we get an error "Error communication with IPMProcess or IpmDBEngine, It may be down or not yet up". I checked the process and it is labeled "Administrator has shut down this server". When I attempt to start the service, it starts successfully, only to shut down 8 seconds later. Attached is our PDSHOW and ScreenShots. Any help is appreciated - JOHN

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

A reboot is seldom required on Solaris. In this case, restarting Daemon Manager would not help as there is a problem with the IPM database. It appears that something went wrong in the schema upgrade procedure. The easiest way to fix this is to reinitialize the IPM database:

NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/bin/dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=ipm dmprefix=Ipm

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Post the ipmserver.log and the daemons.log.

Thanks jclarke, attached are the requested log files, Im thinking about trying a reboot of the server and see if the process starts then, but have to go through a lenghty change control process.

A reboot is seldom required on Solaris. In this case, restarting Daemon Manager would not help as there is a problem with the IPM database. It appears that something went wrong in the schema upgrade procedure. The easiest way to fix this is to reinitialize the IPM database:

NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/bin/dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=ipm dmprefix=Ipm

Thank you, I will try this. I'm guessing I will not loose any other configurations in LMS, except for IPM. Correct?

Correct.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: