ABBRDIAL does not show up when the phone is on hook/off hook

Answered Question
Nov 9th, 2009

I have login to my ccmuser account and fill up the Speed Dial and ABBRDIAL to number 10. So there are 10 SD/ ABBRDIAL numbers that have been filled. The phone is the correct phone since I can see all of my lines/extensions.

Then I pick up the handset and press # 5 or 6 or 7 but the ABBRDIAL softkey does not show up.

I use the speaker phone (even though I think this is not the way to get the ABBRDIAL) and ABBRDIAL softkey does not show up.

Do I miss any steps to setup the ABBRDIAL softkey on my phone?

I am using 7965G and CUCM 6.1.

Thank you,

sienz

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by Jaime Valencia about 7 years 2 months ago

ok, i think you're confused or there is a typo, but i guess it's you're confused

on-hook means the handset is in the phone cradle, pressing the phone switch

off-hook means the handset if off the cradle, the phone switch is not being pressed because most probably you're holding the handset in your hand

NOW

3. I go to my phone and LIFT the hand set and press the number key.

that's OFF-HOOK, now read my initial post again

The AbbrDial soft key will not show up if the phone is on speaker, off hook or in headset mode off hook. It only shows up when on hook and a number key on the phone has been pressed.

DO NOT LIFT the handset, press a number, what do you see?????

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

Overall Rating: 5 (3 ratings)
Jaime Valencia Mon, 11/09/2009 - 09:59

The AbbrDial soft key will not show up if the phone is on speaker, off hook or in headset mode off hook. It only shows up when on hook and a number key on the phone has been pressed.

HTH

java

sienz.sienz Mon, 11/09/2009 - 11:40

Thank you Java and Rob,

I am using CUCM 6.1.

I also did on hook NOT off hook but the AbbrDial soft key does not appear when i press the number key for example 5.

Here what I did:

1. I assigned a phone to my CUCM user account.

2. I login to my CUCM user page and fill up 10 speed dial and AbbrDial numbers.

on-hook = Lifting the handset

Result: AbbrDial soft key does not show up.

Any steps that i miss do i need to turn on any services?

sienz

Correct Answer
Jaime Valencia Mon, 11/09/2009 - 11:50

ok, i think you're confused or there is a typo, but i guess it's you're confused

on-hook means the handset is in the phone cradle, pressing the phone switch

off-hook means the handset if off the cradle, the phone switch is not being pressed because most probably you're holding the handset in your hand

NOW

that's OFF-HOOK, now read my initial post again

DO NOT LIFT the handset, press a number, what do you see?????

HTH

java

rob.huffman Mon, 11/09/2009 - 10:57

Hi Sienz,

Just to add a note to the excellent (correct) info from my friend Java (+5 points here buddy!) This behaviour does change in the "newer" CUCM versions. This info was nicely provided by Top Netpro Ginger;

Off-Hook Abbreviated Dialing

Cisco Unified Communications Manager release 7.1(2) (firmware 8.5(2)) introduces Off-Hook Abbreviated Dialing. The user can initiate Off-Hook Abbreviated Dialing while conferencing a call, while transferring a call, or while placing a new call after putting a call on hold.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note The phone must be assigned a softkey set that includes the AbbrDial softkey before it can be used. The softkey can be assigned by using the Softkey Template Configuration for the following states-Offhook, Offhook with Feature, and Digits After First.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following Cisco Unified IP Phones (SCCP and SIP) support Off-Hook Abbreviated Dialing:

•Cisco Unified IP Phone 7975G

•Cisco Unified IP Phone 7971G-GE

•Cisco Unified IP Phone 7970G

•Cisco Unified IP Phone 7965G

•Cisco Unified IP Phone 7962G

•Cisco Unified IP Phone 7961G

•Cisco Unified IP Phone 7961G-GE

•Cisco Unified IP Phone 7945G

•Cisco Unified IP Phone 7942G

•Cisco Unified IP Phone 7941G

•Cisco Unified IP Phone 7941G-GE

•Cisco Unified IP Phone 7931G

•Cisco Unified IP Phone 7911G

•Cisco Unified IP Phone 7906G

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/firmware/8_5_2/english/release/notes/7900_852.html#wp158457

Hope this helps!

Rob

Actions

This Discussion