Views
Helpful
Replies

Database Tuning / Query Optimization

BRUNO WOLLMANN
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to tune my MARS 110.

After clicking "Calculate Cardinality", 4 columns are recommended for indexing. When I select an item and click "Create Index" an error pops up saying "Can not create index before calculating cardinality at least once". I've Calculated Cardinality again but still can not create an index.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Thanks,

Bruno

7 Replies 7

dustinsuko
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same problem. I'm running a MARS 110R...to date know one has been able to give me an answer regarding this either.

Turned out to be a browser version issue. I was getting the error when using IE8. Once I switched to IE7, everything worked fine.

I was experiencing this problem as well. After reading this, I went and tried to

schedule an index using Firefox (3.5.5) and was successful. I also tried setting the browser mode to IE7 inside of IE8 using the F12 trick, but this yielded the same results as IE8. Nonetheless, it does appear to be a browser issue.

I´m using CISCO MARS 50 and has the same issue with Google Chrome.

Is there any way to solve the problem without installing IE7?

If it supports IE8 then has a bug been noted as the original poster and others (myself included) have verified that an error is always returned when trying to create indicies?

Initial support was implemented in CS-MARS release 6.0.4 as noted in the resolved caveats of the 6.0.4 release notes:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/security_management/cs-mars/6.0/release/notes/rnote604.html

Internet Explorer 8 support was finalized in CS-MARS release 6.0.6.

This is noted in the correspoinding release notes:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/security_management/cs-mars/6.0/release/notes/rnote606.html

Internet Explorer 8 Support—MARS  supports Microsoft Internet Explorer 8 without requiring compatibility  mode. Due to the nature of security revisions in Internet Explorer, you  may find that you must authenticate more frequently to the MARS  appliance.

Scott

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: