642-262 - Implemention Cisco Unity Connection

Unanswered Question
Nov 9th, 2009

Aside from the four day course does anyone know where I can find learning material for this course?

PEC didn't turn up anything aside from the instructor-led course. I require e-learning as my company can't afford to send us away for four days.

Thanks.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
b.gamble Mon, 11/16/2009 - 05:31

I have been using a few videos I found here, dealing specifically with COBRAS. That part was very informative.

The problem with this exam is the exam topics:

* Cisco Unity Connection platforms, licensing and deployment models

* Cisco Unity Connection installation

* Cisco Unity Connection phone system integration

* Cisco Unity Connection COBRAS

* Preparing Cisco Unity Connection for users

* Managing Cisco Unity Connection users

To me that says "Know Unity Connex 'n stuff..." Hehe. It's a fairly new exam so I'm sure that's why I'm having trouble finding resources.

Kevin Reinert Thu, 03/11/2010 - 08:38

Has anyone had luck with this test.  I am also looking for more training material.  I read the documents from Cisco and the COBRAS videos from www.unitytools.com.  I took the test twice and almost passed.  I did get 100% on the COBRAS part.

b.gamble Thu, 03/11/2010 - 08:45

I too failed the exam twice before barely passing on the 3rd attempt. Basically I took the test twice so I could know what to study and research. No different than a brain dump for me. And total BS I might add.

You probably know what to study now. Good luck.

b.gamble Tue, 04/06/2010 - 03:36

Prabhakar,

My only means of studying were the following:

-take test and fail it

-run through Admin/Deployment guides for Unity Connection on a lab VM.

-www.ciscounitytools.com for COBRAS.

There were no other materials that I could find.

Good luck.

Ben.

I took the exam but I didn't pass. I share with you the assessed topics that maybe can help you more:

-    Cisco Unity Connection Platforms, Licensing and Deployment Models
-    Cisco Unity Connection Installation
-    Cisco Unity Connection Phone System Integration
-    Cisco Unity Connection COBRAS
-    Preparing Cisco Unity Connection for Users
-    Managing Cisco Unity Connection Users

At the date of my assessment, I had 50 questions and needed a score of 825 to pass.

So sad...

Kevin Reinert Wed, 04/14/2010 - 06:48

Sorry to hear you didn't pass.  I am taking the test today and I am cramming through the PDF's from Cisco's website.  I heard a the end of the month there will be some training material out.  I hope to pass before that.

prabhakar.k Wed, 04/14/2010 - 22:28

Best of Luck Kevin !!!! Hope you will clear the Exam.Keep us posted your result. Thanks!!!

Wilson Samuel Thu, 04/15/2010 - 06:13

Agree with you. Whenever I take Cisco Exams, I always comment at the end, please please please for the love of god, make it Simulation Based, 80% simulation, 20% MCQ.

By making the exam MCQ only, it almost becomes a Braindump for anyone who takes the exam 2 times.

Anyways.. good that you passed the exam.. :-)

b.gamble Thu, 04/15/2010 - 12:53

It is like a braindump. When I took the test to fail it the first time, I wrote down notes about the questions and memorized them before I handed the dry erase back in. It was my only choice for learning specifically what to study. It's total BS that that was my best choice rather than shelling out thousands of dollars for a four-day instructor-led course. Not to mention the lost revenue for my company while I'm out learning rather than earning.

I have no problem with braindumps if you use the right. Memorizing answers only hurts yourself, but going through them, answering questions and learning why you missed the ones you did is awesome. It realy helps you focus your studying.

In the end, it's just a piece of paper. The best way to learn is by doing this stuff in real life and fixing mistakes when you make them.

I digress.

To any still looking for study materials, hopefully you can mock something up in VMWare.

The Cisco Unity Tools site was perfect. I aced the COBRAS stuff each time I took the exam.

prabhakar.k Tue, 05/11/2010 - 09:01

Hi Guys,

Finally after a long struggle and Preparation I completed the Unity Certification in 2nd Attempt.

Cheers !!!

b.gamble Fri, 05/14/2010 - 04:17

Wow, 1000, nice.

I took the exam three times and barely skated by the 3rd time.

Actions

This Discussion