Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity service that monitors Active Directory (AvDSAD) failed

p.holley
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am getting this error only when I try to add certain users from AD into Cisco Unity 7.x. I am not getting the error on all users only some, and they happen to all fall in the IT Group. I think the issue is user specific and not on the OU, cause I moved one of these users to another OU I can import from, but still no luck. Partner server is exchange 2007

Here is the error

The Cisco Unity service that monitors Active Directory (AvDSAD) failed to modify object.

Type: AVOBJECTTYPE_MAILUSER

Name: CN=Tony SAalo,OU=IT,OU=Dragnet,DC=Dragnet,DC=com

Reason: ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED: Access is denied.

Domain Controller: EU-DC1.Dragnet.com

Possible causes include: 1) Network connectivity to the Domain Controller. 2) Insufficient rights for The Cisco Unity service that monitors Active Directory (AvDSAD) account.

Ensure that The Cisco Unity service that monitors Active Directory (AvDSAD) can contact the Domain Controller and has sufficient rights to modify objects. If the problem persists, enable all the micro traces for The Cisco Unity service that monitors Active Directory (AvDSAD) in the Unity Diagnostic Tool. Report the problem to Cisco TAC and include the diagnostic log.

Any Ideas?

Cheers

2 Replies 2

virverma
Level 4
Level 4

The user account in Active Directory has to have inherited permissions from the OU.

a. Go to Active Directory Users and Computers.

b. Select View > Advanced Features in order to see the Security tab in the account

properties.

c. Go to the OU and double-click on the user account to bring up the Properties page.

d. Click the Security tab.

e. Make sure that the Allow inheritable permissions from parent to propagate to this

object checkbox is checked.

Thanks virverma,

That was the fix