Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ap1100, roming problem with non Cisco usb-client cards

we have an campus installation with a lot of ap1100 standalong AP's ( 5 years old ) .

- and AIr-PCM4800/350 Client adapter

- on Windows Laptops.

Now we have to replace the old Laptop with newer. But ther is only USB Interface availible. And cisco has no adapter.

With Linksys WUSB600 Adapter we have somtimes

roming problem (and also Ping missing )5 to 6 seconds long.

Who can help.

3 Replies 3

jeff.kish
Level 7
Level 7

I hate to say it, but I've seen this before with LinkSys adapters. Consumer-grade adapters just aren't as high of quality as enterprise cards like Cisco adapters.

The best thing you can do is perform a site survey, setting all APs to about 30mW. I believe that's as strong as the LinkSys cards broadcast. You might just have coverage holes that the Cisco cards were able to overcome.

I hope that helps,

Jeff

Thank's for you answer.

Do you know another USB-client adapter, which is cisco ccx compatible?

I don't know of any enterprise-grade USB cards. It's unfortunate that Cisco doesn't make USB cards.

I'll also add that if you're going to use USB clients, you might as well use the internal wireless cards in the laptops since they're likely on the same level of quality. Heck, the internal cards can sometimes be better, as some laptops have antennas that wrap around the screens, boosting their signal.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card