cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.2, win2008 SP1, ESX3.5 - Anyone who has a working setup ?

xiptc
Level 1
Level 1

I have this setup LMS3.2 on a virtual windows server2008, ESX3.5 and the problem I have is that it is very difficult to start Daemon manager. It finally starts if I manually tries to start it, like 100-200 times, and the n the rest of LMS starts and runs fine. Done a lot of actions on the server without success and also have a TAC case. In syslog it says its cannot bind to port 42340.

Anyone that recognize this problem ?

/thomas

10 Replies 10

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Works fine for me. I have one Windows 2003 VM and two 2008 VMs on ESX 3.5. Daemon Manager starts properly every time. If you get the error that it cannot bind to tcp/42340, then something else is using that port. The output of netstat -a -n -o -b will tell you what that is.

thanks Joe

Already tried that, port is not used.

Nothing else is installed on the server.

Had it working after resetting casuser password, but after a reboot its stubborn again and the reset does not help again.

TAC can walk you through enabling dmgtd debugging. But make sure the VM meets the minimum requirements in terms of memory and swap.

I misread your version. I thought you were running 2003. With 2008, the problem is certainly swap. Make sure you do NOT let Windows automatically configure swap. Instead, manually specify a pagefile size of at least 2048 MB, and at most the required amount of the number of devices you are going to manage.

I have a pagefile size of 16000 MB, manually configured...

Then dmgtd debugging will be required to see why Daemon Manager is failing to start.

OK, I will ask my TAC contact for the tool.

Thank you Joe

I got a patched dmgtd.exe from TAC.

Now its working fine

Hello. We have buy Cisco LMS program. And I have same problem with LMS 3.2. As result we have buy LMS and can't use it...There is no patch in bug tool kit...

Where I can get patch for it?

You need to open a service request with TAC to get the patch.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco