Views
Helpful
Replies

MGCP Gateway-two step dialing problem

Koiser_Nicholas
Level 1
Level 1

Hallo,

My voice gateway is registered on ccm4.2 as an MGCP gateway.

Calls to and from the PSTN are working ok.

The problem is when someone calls into the office,there is 2-step dialing.

The call is supposed to terminate at the receptionist,so when u call our office, in between the first ring and the time the receptionist is able to hear the phone ring and pick the call there is a noise that comes(the noise sounds like a dial tone).

what settings am i missing?this is how the FXO port is configured:

!

voice-port 3/0/4

cptone KE

timeouts interdigit 4

timeouts call-disconnect 2

timeouts wait-release 2

timing hookflash-out 500

!

I hope am clear-there is a sound that sounds like a dial tone that one hears when you call our office.

Someone please assist.

Nick.

4 Replies 4

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Nick,

Make sure that this port is being controlled by Callmanager. You should see a dial peer like:

dial-peer voice 99910 pots

application mgcpapp

port 3/0/4

Also, in CCM admin > Device > Gateway > your gateway > Endpoint config, make sure you have a valid DN entered for Attendant DN.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

I have already configured as above,

The attendant DN has also been configured,and hence calls can get to the receptionist.

My only problem is:when you call the office,there is some noise that sounds like a dial tone that the caller hears before the call finally gets to the receptionist.

Hope am clear.

Nick

Nick,

Sounds like the attendant DN you have configured overlaps with a route pattern that has "Provide Outside Dial Tone" configured. Go to Route Plan > Route Plan Report and search for the first few digits of the DN.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

I'll have to confirm this tommorow,

I'll update u.

Thanks.