cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity allsubscribers distribution list

allan.fitzwater
Level 1
Level 1

Some bright spark has deleted my unity servers allsubscribers pdl. Is it possible to recreate without rerunning the installation and what is the implication of having this account removed. I have had no complaints and the box seems to be running ok, other than the event messages telling me that new subscribers couldn't be addded to that pdl. I'm running unity 7.0(2) with exchange back end.

2 Replies 2

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You should be able to recreate the distribution list in AD. Look at the error in event viewer and get the exact name of the list (something like allsubscribers437a3d70). Create a Universlal distribution list in AD with this name and an email address of allsubscribers437a3d70@yourdomain.com. You can then add your existing subscribers to this list. New subscribers will be added automatically.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Alternatively, if you are not using it, you could remove it from your subscriber templates.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: