Helpful
Replies

waas

can cisco waas do proxy file sharing

9 Replies 9

dstolt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If by proxy file sharing you mean can it do local caching of files off of a remote file server, then yes it can...

Dan

yes, i meant local caching but dose it work also if my file is dynamic in nature and also if my main sever is been updated from different location.

there is compalain that cisco waas is not good, so i nid a confirm information so as to know whether to by cisco or not.

If the file has not changed, it will be served out of the local cache. If the file has changed, then WAAS will fetch it over the WAN, however WAAS will reduce the size of the file using DRE (Data Redundancy Elimination). Only data that has not been seen before will be fetched and it will be much faster and have less impact on the WAN link then if there was no WAN acceleration.

Hope that helps,

Dan

have you notice any issue with cisco waas.

in my region here pple believe that cisco waas is the worst wan optimisation devices

That is a loaded question, not knowing what your region has experienced in WAAS and why they would believe that.

I personally have deployed WAAS successfully at many many companies both domestic US and international that are very happy with it. I have also seen a lot of crazy statement made by marketing/sales for all kinds of products, not just WAN optimization vendors.

Your decision should be made on several things, not marketing FUD.

What protocols am I trying to optimize and will the product optimize them?

How will the product integrate into my network (design)?

Will the product dramatically change how I work (operations)?

Can I get support for the product? Who do I call and how fast will they respond?

I have found WAAS to be a very good WAN optimization product. As with any technology that integrates in to the network; with proper planing, design and implementation it will work as designed and the implementers should be very happy with it.

Dan (yes I work deploying WAAS with customers)

hi,

i really do appreciate ur prompt response and assistance.

my major application is TABs application, which is both dynamic and static in nature.my firm is a telecom company and we rely much on this TABs application.it uses both oracles forms and http

I am not familiar with TABs, however regardless of static and dynamic, as long as the traffic is TCP we should be able to optimize it. DRE and

Does it use CIFS, HTTP, HTTPS or NFS? WAAS definitely helps with this. We have an advanced L7 AO's to assist with this as well as the L3-4 TFO/DRE/LZ optimizations.

Thanks,

Dan

thanks for your response again.

can i you give to me any link thats explain waas solutions and its integration with any application.

I would start here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5680/Products_Sub_Category_Home.html

However what is on that link is pretty high level. I would recommend that you work with your Cisco Partner or Sales team to get more details or have a demo to test your app.

Hope that helps,

Dan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: