Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5505 Configuration

sadik.bash
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I inherited a network and need to understand one network setup which I don't have the documents or network designs for.

We have a number of PCs setup in a customer's facility. The PCs are setup in an office, connected to a switch, and the switch is connected to an ASA5505. The ASA5505 E0(outside) with IP address 65.20.12.165 is connected to the customer's Switch via a VLAN. The customer is making the hand off to our separate router (Fa0/0) with IP address 65.20.12.166. What I need to understand is the part of the VLANing that the customer has configured. What IP address does the VLAN on the customer's switch is configured with? Any feedback or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

SK

3 Replies 3

mcroberts
Level 1
Level 1

in the future, you may not want to provide your real working IP addresses for security purposes...

Look at the default gateway on the ASA. If I am reading this correctly, it will be fa0/0 on the router x.x.12.166. You will not be able to tell the VLAN IP address (if it has one) of the customers switch from the data provided.

What you do know is that the outside interface of the ASA and the fa0/0 are in the same vlan.

Thanks for the reply.

I have a new project at a new site and wasn't sure if my design would work or not. Here is the toplogy that I am thinking about:

My PCs-->Customer's Switch(VLAN)--> My ASA--> My Router

Would this topology work? Do have the ASA setup in the correct place (betwen the customer's swith and router)?

Thanks in advance,

SK

the goal would be to segregate your PCs and your customers network. Therefore you would use your ASA to separate the networks...

your PCs --> e1 interface of ASA

customer switch --> e2 interface of ASA

your router --> e0 interface of ASA

- Marc

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: