Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless Bridge Management options

rshah
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am really new to Wireless Solution. What will be the best management option for the Cisco 1310 or 1410 being used as Bridge(Pairs: Root and Non-Roots)? I am planning to use WLSE for managing 1410 Bridges as suggested in the Cisco Docments but at the same time in one of the documents they are suggesting to migrate from WLSE to WCS!Is it advisable to use WCS instead of WCS for Wireless Bridges? What will you recommend?

Please advice. Thank you.

2 Replies 2

jeff.kish
Level 7
Level 7

Unfortunately, WCS isn't an option. There is currently no bridging option for Cisco's lightweight solution, and WCS only manages lightweight access points.

So while WLSE is your only option, it's also EOS/EOL. So... yeah... Cisco needs to step it up and give us some options here.

Sorry, probably not what you expected to hear :/ You might want to look at a third-party management platform like AirWave, since Cisco doesn't actually have a living solution for autonomous bridging management.

Thank you so much Jeff. That is very unfortunate. So we really do not have much choice other than using WLSE. We use Windows Server for our solution. Do I need standalone server for WLSE or can we install WLSE on existing server?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card