Views
Helpful
Replies

RME 4.0.6 Device Package update failure

aeggers
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i have downloaded a lot of new device packages for the RME 4.0.6. If i install this packages i get the following error message.

Installation failed for product [Resource Manager Essentials] with message : com.cisco.nm.xms.psu.packagemgmt.InstallerException: Repository in use.

Another Package Support Updater client session may be modifying device support.

I searched for the psu.lock file but i couldn't find this file. How can i fix this without reinstalling the lms?

André

7 Replies 7

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Check NMSROOT/www/classpath/com/cisco/nm/xms/psu for a lock file. If it exists, delete it.

hi,

there is no lock file. i see that the psu.log is growing and growing, but after some minutes it starts again from 0 kbytes also if i stop the lms daemons ??

andre

That error can only mean a lock file exists. The only two lock files will be NMSROOT/Psu.Lock or NMSROOT/www/classpath/com/cisco/nm/xms/psu/psu-installer.lock. Post the full psu.log.

Hi,

i have attached the psu.log file. There is no .lock file, i've checked this again. I tried again to update the device packages

After 1 hour i stopped the update.( normaly an update take max. 10 minutes. During the device package update i could see the the psu.log file was going into a loop. It starts at 0 kbytes -> growing to nearly 950kbytes and than it starts again at 0 kbytes

Andre

here the log file

Your package repository is corrupt. It needs to be recovered. There is a procedure available by contacting TAC. They will send you a package bundle and steps to recover the repository.

Hi Joe,

thank you very much. I will open a service request.

Have a nice day.

André

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: