cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PRI inbound digits

stephen.hand
Level 1
Level 1

We are getting a PRI from a local carrier for our UC520 and we were asked how many incoming digits we would like passed to the system. The options are 4,7 or 10.

I am assuming that 10 would be default, so the system would have full information for incoming CID. Is this correct. What are my options.

4 Replies 4

With CCA you can actually implement 4, 7 or 10. It doesn't matter, since these DID's get translated to internal extensions. Typically, most people will do 4 and then create extensions that match these last 4 digits.

Thanks,

Marcos

Marcos,

1. So you are saying that the typical configuration is to forward 4 digits on the PRI in, not 10. Is this for determining Caller ID or for determining where to route the call. From the carrier I thought they were asking how many digits I wanted to show for caller id, but it sounds like I might have misunderstood them.

2. Is there any documentation that goes over the options for configuring the PRI. I have not configured a PRI with a Cisco product before or CCA and would like to review before I have to build this next week.

3. I have seen in the discussions that some folks are having problems with PRI's with 7.0.x releases. I am planning on deploying this production network for our customer with 7.0.4. Some of the posts have told folks to go with 7.1.x-ea releases to address PRI issues. Can you point me in the right direction on this.

Thanks...

Steve

Answers to your questions:

1. Correct. They meant "called number" for inbound calls, not "calling number".

2. Chapter 10 in the CCA Admin Guide has the guidelines on how to configure this. CHeck also the "Dialplan " section on that very same document:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_configuration_assistant/version2_1/administration_guide/cca21_sbcs_admin_guide.pdf

3. I don't know which issues you are referring to, but 7.0.4 and 7.1.X are both supported and should work fine.

Thanks,

Marcos

Thank you. By the way where is that administration guide linked from. I have been looking for something like this and have not been able to find it. Probably overlooking it somewhere where it is right in my face, but I haven't been able to find from the SBCS cisco site or the myciscocommunity site.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: