cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MWI problems unity 7.0

whanson
Level 2
Level 2

upgraded Unity to 7.0 was unified and still unified. Since then mwi does not work properly goes on for some not others goes off for some and not others. No rhyme or reason. If you look at the subscriber and messages mwi is pending. You can refresh until the cows come home. And then the next day clears. Added 5 ports for mwi so I know it is not a matter of not enough ports because once the problem occurs on a subscriber I can run port status and hit refresh and nothing. Is it possible to have some kind of AD policy that could cause this. thx again. P.S. CSS and partitions are absolutely correct. I got so fed up I said dial anything you want.

7 Replies 7

nixon1234
Level 1
Level 1

Are you getting error logs?

Try stopping and restarting the AvnotifierMgr then resyncing the MWI

jgreenberg
Level 1
Level 1

If you look at the port status monitor, do you see the MWI call out? Does the user get their voicemail? If you go to switch integration manager, click properties, then click synchronize now, do you see the MWI call outs?

dnmosier7
Level 1
Level 1

I have been having the same problem. First it was a single user/extension. I couldn't get it corrected until I actually assigned that person a new extension, mailbox, and swapped out their phone. Now I have two more users/devices have the same issue. At one point one of the phones would not activate the MWIs and the other wouldn't turn them off. I found instructions on resynchronizing the MWIs in Unity Connection which does it for all mailboxes and have done that multiple times.

With these two new users I have deleted their phones from CUCM and their mailboxes from Unity Connection (everything except their directory numbers). I then recreated all and I get the same results except now their MWIs are both on and won't turn off.

I contacted TAC regarding this about 6 months ago and they weren't able to resolve it.

Are your message waiting numbers in the same CSS/partition as your phones?

If you dial your on/off numbers does this MWI turn on/off?

They are in different CSSs and partitions due to their physical locations, however the MWI extensions do turn the indicator on and off.

I had this issue before and it was because the office in question was not part of the same CSS as the MWI #'s were

I added that office to the CSS and it corrected the issue

Tracy Larson
Level 4
Level 4

I too have been experiencing this same issue once i upgraded to Unity 7. I had a TAC case open on a different issue that the engineer had told me just as an FYI that if exchange is not on one of the latest releases as far as service packs go that you will have issues with MWI. I have 3 clusters all of which were experiencing this problem. I put the latest ES on Unity and had our exchange guys upgrade their servers and the problem went away on 2 of the three clusters. I will be opening another case on the last cluster but you could start by verifying your ES on Unity and if the exchange server could use a patch or upgrade.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: