SPA9000 Wish to bypass AA and go straight to voicemail

Unanswered Question
Nov 10th, 2009

I have 4 SPA942's, registered on my SPA9000 with their own extensions (100-103) no shared line appearances, an fxs port analogue extension 104, and a hunt group (105) which is set to ring for incoming calls.  An SPA400 one shared voicemail box (101). Everything including voicemail works fine! However:

The deployment is upmarket residential (and I expect a lot of demand from this market segment). Accordingly, the clients are not interested in the auto-attendant and wish unanswered calls to be routed directly to voicemail - as with a normal answering machine.  I have recorded a rather awkward AA prompt 1 to ask callers to dial extension 105 to leave a message (which results in a voice mail message that the person at extension 101 is not available etc. before a message can be left) I have seen many discussion groups where this configuration is requested but no satisfactory answer.   It would be very useful to many users if you can help.

I have noticed that when calls are made to an internal extension that this is achieved automatically.  I have tried  seting the SPA9000 to route directly to vm but this results in no AA and no VM.  Configs for one ITSP and one FXO line are as  follows:

SPA 9000

SPA 942

<Dial_Plan_4_>([1-2]xx | 0,xx. | 9,xx.)</Dial_Plan_4_>

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Alberto Montilla Tue, 11/17/2009 - 03:30

Dear Sir;

On the SPA9000 Contact List change cfwd=.... to cfwd=vm2101.

This will forward the call to voicemail of extension 101, assuming SPA400 is on line 2.

Please try it (should work). Otherwise I would need the SPA9000 and SPA400 html config files in admin advanced mode.

This Discussion