cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Forwarded calls going out wrong gateway

bchirhart
Level 1
Level 1

I have just installed a new 7.1 CUCM system. We have a forwarding issue where a user from Site B forwards their phone to a local number - their cell phone. When a user from Site A calls his extension, the call goes out Site A gateway, not Site B where the phone is. I'm trying to not add a million route points. I know there is a way to do this as we have done it with other customers before. I can't figure out why it isn't working with this one.

5 Replies 5

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

In CUCM7 (and 6 for that matter) you can either specify a calling search space for forwarded calls on the Directory Number page or set forwarded calls to use the activating devices CSS.

By default the CSS specified under the DN is used. If this accesses partitions holding route patterns that point out of the Site A gateway this will be your problem.

Either modify this CSS or select the activating device option - you can modify a service parameter to make this the default behaviour if it resolves the issue.

The CSS specificed is for gateway B on the Call Forward All under the DN of the phone that is forwarded.

I tried the Activating Device option for both the forwarded phone and for the phone that is calling and there was no change. It almost seems like the "Standard Local Route Group" in the route list is not working correctly.

One other note - all the route patterns for 411, 911 local calling, they all use the "Standard Local Route Group" and are working fine.

That does sound strange.

My next step would be to use the dialled number analyzer tool to investigate the call flow.

Turns out that the behaviour I am seeing is the way that it is supposed to work. There is a fundamental flaw with that route list. All calls from the PSTn seem to be fine, but an internal call from another location to a phone that is forwarded will cause the dialing phone to use its closest gateway. Epic fail Cisco!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: