Views
Helpful
Replies

WRVS4400N firmware update from V1.1.13 to V2.0 Will Not Update

dytanaka1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a WRVS4400N router and I recently tried to upgrade the firmware from V1.1.13 to V2.0.  When I perform the upgrade it gets to about 4% and then I get this message.

"Upgrade file is not the correct type or version for this device.  Upgrade failed.  Please obtain the correct file and try again."

I thought it might have been a corrupt file so I downloaded the file again to a different computer and the results were the same.  If anyone can help I would appreciate it.

The zip file I downloaded was

WRVS4400N_V2.0_Firmware.zip

The file I used to upgrade was

WRVS4400Nv2-fw-2.0.0.7-K9.img

System Info

Firmware Version:V1.1.13DRAM:64MB
CPU:STAR 9202FLASH :8MB
System up time:70 days, 07:10:28

Thanks

David

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

jamccord
Level 1
Level 1

Hello David,

There are 2 hardware versions of the WRVS4400N.  The version 1.0 and 1.1 use different firmware than the version 2 platform.

Going on the version number of firmware on your router, you have either a version 1.0 or 1.1 device and the firmware you are trying to upload to the router will not work.  It is specifically for the version 2 platform.

Firmware version 1.1.13 is the most current firmware available for your router.

Regards,

Jason

View solution in original post

jamccord
Level 1
Level 1

IPS signatures should be able to be used across hardware version platforms.

At the cisco.com website, you can download the ips signature 1.41.  That should upgrade your ips on your router.

8 Replies 8

jamccord
Level 1
Level 1

Hello David,

There are 2 hardware versions of the WRVS4400N.  The version 1.0 and 1.1 use different firmware than the version 2 platform.

Going on the version number of firmware on your router, you have either a version 1.0 or 1.1 device and the firmware you are trying to upload to the router will not work.  It is specifically for the version 2 platform.

Firmware version 1.1.13 is the most current firmware available for your router.

Regards,

Jason

Thanks Jason,  Than I have one more question  I keep getting a notice that my ips file is too old.  Where is the lastest version of the ips or can I use the one in the V2.0 firmware package?

Thanks again for the fast response

David

At the cisco.com website, you can download the ips signature 1.41.  That should upgrade your ips on your router.

jamccord
Level 1
Level 1

IPS signatures should be able to be used across hardware version platforms.

dytanaka1
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks all

zurich8000
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

May I, nevertheless the positive closing by dytanaka1, add the question: when does cisco intend to provide an updated IPS signature file? I mean, 6 months in behind are light years for security matters, aren't they!?!

Thanks in advance for giving us an idea about this date.

Regards,

Martin

I am also now requesting an update.  Recently purchased for client, in use, message states: "Your Signature Version is beyond 14913 days. Please Update it!"

That is sure a lot of days!!  And it's version 2?

Please, is this hardware dead, obsolete, unworthy for sale?

If so, what is the replacement?

And finally, if no longer supported, yet still on store shelves without disclaimers that it is obsolete would warrant a refund?

Have you updated the latest ips signature from cisco.com?  The error message is stating that the ips signature is out of date.  We were getting alot of issues with this at the beginning of the year but they released a new signature that resolved the issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: