Views
Helpful
Replies

unable to send mail through asa 5505

pranavam_dileep
Level 1
Level 1

hi all,

I am facing the following problem in cisco asa 5505 version 8 when clients are sending mails from inside to outside

a. Clients cannot able to send the mails to recipients ( say 200 ) at a time.

b. if they reduce the no: of recipients say 50 they can send

c. if we bypass the firewall they can able to send mail even to 4000 recipients at a time.

Can some help me on sorting out this issue

8 Replies 8

Panos Kampanakis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What firewall is this?

Do you have any esmtp inspection enabled?

PK

Check by doing "sh run policy-map" and "sho run service-policy", "sh run class-map".

PK

hi,

thanks for the quick response.

ya esmtp inspection is enabled by default

The PIX/ASA has always been a bit wonky breaking SMTP left and right

when fixup smtp has been enabled. Have you tried troubleshooting with esmtp off?

The esmtp: This feature allows you to detect attacks, including spam, phising, malformed message attacks, and buffer overflow and underflow attacks. It also provides support for application security and protocol conformance, which enforce the sanity of the ESMTP messages as well as detects several attacks, blocks senders and receivers, and blocks mail relay. Sometime you're are better off with the feature off!

hi,

no , will it make any difference? client can send same mail to max: 50 users at a time.as the no: of recipient increases it is showing server disconnected

no harm turning it off to troubleshoot the problem! If problem persist you know is not firewall related!

ya , i will do that and et u know.thanks..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card