Views
Helpful
Replies

CVDeviceSelector.log not rotating

lambay2000
Level 2
Level 2

Hi Joe,

CVDeviceSelector.log is not rotating after specifying file path and name after execuiting below command:

NMSROOT\bin\perl NMSROOT\bin\logrot.pl -c

for rotation:running logrot

D:\progra~1\cscopx\bin\perl D:\progra~1\cscopx\bin\logrot.pl -s

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You would also need to reduce the maximum size of the file in logrot's config. Right now it's set to 1 MB. Therefore, the file will be rotated when it gets to 1 MB in size.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Post your NMSROOT/objects/logrot/logrot.conf file, and the output of logrot.pl -v.

Hey Joe,

Here are the logs attached,

appreciate ur help

Thanks

I meant to run logrot.pl with the -v flag. That is:

NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/bin/logrot.pl -v

Hi,

Here is the attaached.

Thanks Joe

The file isn't large enough to rotate yet:

Thu Nov 12 00:42:42 2009: INFO: Not archiving D:\program files\\cscopx\log\CVDev

iceSelector.log because it is not big enough.

file size = 737724, conf size = 1048576

It needs to get to 1 MB before it gets rotated.

Hey Joe,

Here is the attached print screen which is highlighting the log exceeded alert.

Thanks.

This means nothing. These sizes are arbitrary, and set in NMSROOT/conf/logstat.conf. You can change those sizes if you want. Logrot uses its own config file.

Hi Joe

As per ur previous mail i can change the size from NMSROOT/conf/logstat.conf but what about when it get full and shows red alert,same as now.I mean to say how i should rotate them,

Untill now i was rotating log file's as per my 1st mail procedure.

Thanks.

You would also need to reduce the maximum size of the file in logrot's config. Right now it's set to 1 MB. Therefore, the file will be rotated when it gets to 1 MB in size.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: