cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity connection 7.x Geo-Spatial Separation

kevin.sullivan
Level 1
Level 1

We are thinking about splitting an active / active pair between two data centers. Is anyone else doing this?

If so are there any issues we need to consider or be aware of?

Thanks

6 Replies 6

Yes I have looked at these.

I guess I was looking for someone who has implemented this solution and is actively using it

Hi -

I had experience with setting up two active-active clusters, digitally networked, publishers and subscribers installed in two data centers - network connectivity approximate 25 miles apart - less than 20 ms response time. Used both guides posted by Tray.

Regards, Ginger

Thanks Ginger,

This sounds a lot like our situation. Besides the 20 ms and the LARGE amounts of bandwidth needed is there anything else we need to be aware of.

Hi -

Fortunately, the second link Tray provided is one of the best documented "checklist" I've seen. Followed it to the letter and the installation was too easy, no replication problems to date. I would check your network ping from subscriber to publisher just to make sure the round trip performance is as you would expect AND of course make sure there are no firewalls between the pub and sub - refer to the port connectivity requirements in the second link.

Sincerely, Ginger

Thanks,

We had two demo boxes set up and it worked fine for the testing but it was only a couple of ports on each.

Latency 20ms Roundtrip is not a problem

The Guaranteed Bandwidth:

48/48 Ports: 50Mbps

96/96 Ports: 100Mbps

144/144 Ports: 150Mbps

My understanding is the guaranteed bandwidth is for database replication. Can someone tell me why the amount of ports would dictate the bandwidth?

If I have 10,000 users on 48 ports is the database going to be any larger if I have the same 10,000 users on 144 ports

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: