Views
Helpful
Replies

Nokia (N82) SIP Client setup

jim.snowdon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Anyone successfully setup Nokia SIP client (my cas Nokia N82) as extension on SPA9000?  Nokia phone cnnected to local LAN via WiFi.

I have tried various permutations without success! Any clues to correct parameters greatly appreciated.

Jim

11 Replies 11

wichilds
Level 4
Level 4

Jim,

The only thing that should be needed on the Nokia phone is a username and the proxy server:6060. For example:

username -- 520

password -- blank/empty

proxy -- 192.168.1.20:6060 (assuming 192.168.1.20 is the ip of the 9000)

Bill

wichilds
Level 4
Level 4

Jim,

I also did some research on the N82 and did not find that it was SIP compatible. This is what I found.

http://www.nokiausa.com/find-products/phones/nokia-n82/specifications

I clicked expand all and did not find any mention of being SIP capable. Please post a link, if you have one, of where the data sheet/product info says it is SIP capable.

Bill

Hi Bill,

I just made an assumption. My N82 (bought in UK) had the Nokia SIP client already installed so I assumed it would work ok. Anyway I have decided to give up on that and will test instead with the Doro IP700 WiFi phone.

Thanks anyway.

Jim

ok a bit mor success with the Doro IP700

What I can do...

1. Receive calls from other extensions

2. make external calls

CANNOT do:

1. make calls to other extensions ???/

If I dial another extension from the Doro the number is recognised since I do not get the "call failed" message which I do if I dial a nonexistant extension number. The dialed extension does not ring and there is no ringing tone on the Doro. After a while the call just timesout?

on the Doro:

Profile Name - User 1          WiFiExtension

Username - user 1               778

Password - user1                [extn password]

Domain - User 1                 [spa9000ipaddress]

Registrar Host - user 1        [spa9000ipaddress]

Registar Port:                    6060

outbound proxy                    [spa9000ipaddress]

outbound proxy port               6060

the status in spa9000 webconfig shows the extension as registered....

any clues?

Regards

Jim

Jim,

This typically has to do with the dialplan. I know that with SPAxxx phones (even the WIP3xx) if you are not able to match the dialed digits to a string in the dialplan, then your call will fail regardless of registration. Please check the documentation on the IP700 for proper dialplan configuration.

Bill

Bill,

I think it is a bit deeper than that. As far as I can tell the IP700 does not have a facility for a dialplan, it just accepts anything. Further testing reveals that when the IP700 is dialed from another extension (SPA942 in this case) the IP700 rings and then just silence when answered, however the SPA942 it still ringing it. In other words the SPA9000 does not register that the extension has answered?I reitterate that if and invalid extn number is dialled from ht IP700 "Invalid Number" is displayed. If I dial an extension that is connected just nothing until timeout. So this must mean that the spa9000 has registered that the IP700 is trying to dial a valid extn no. but for whatever reason just won't connect it ?

The documentation with the IP700 is somewhat vauge but I gather that it is SIP 2.0 compliant. Should this work ok with the SPA9000 (6.1.5a)?

Incidentally, If I connect the IP700 directly to my ITSP SIP account it works just fine.

Thanks

Jim

Dear Sir;

Please activate the debug trace on SPA9000 and send us the traces. This will ease the debugging.

Regards
Alberto

Hi Alberto

Please find attached zip containing syslogdump and some notes. Times in notes are approximate.

Thanks

Jim

Hi Alberto

The attached trace represents the scenario where 701 calls 778 and 778 hangs up without answering....

701 goes to busy tone as soon as 778 drops the call.

Jim

Grateful for any advise anyone can give to get this to work properly?

Dear Jim;

Sorry for the late response, I missed this one. The trace you are attaching does not contain SIP information. Please go to the [Line] tab and set the debug option to Full. This would allow me to see the traces.

As an alternative network traces would also help.

Regards
Alberto

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: