Helpful
Replies

Unity Auto Attendant fail over

gshamlian
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

First, I apologize if this is in the wrong place, but I have to start somewhere

We are using Unity 4.0(5) utilizing Auto-Attendant and Call Handlers for our branches. Lately, the Unity server has been failing (we are working on replacing it), so when callers try reaching the branches while Unity is down, the call handler does not pick up. We were wondering if there was a way, if Unity is down, to have the call failover to another number rather than the one the call handler uses. Thanks and if any other info is needed, please ask.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Gary,

You could try something in the phone system. For example, if its CUCM, you could maybe put a phone device at the end of the line group which contains the voice mail ports. That way, depending on how you have your line group hunt options setup, if the voice mail ports fail to answer (due to Unity being down) it'll hunt to that last phone which you could maybe configure to go to an Operator who will answer the phone. Just an idea off the top of my head...

Hope that helps,

Brad

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Gary,

You could try something in the phone system. For example, if its CUCM, you could maybe put a phone device at the end of the line group which contains the voice mail ports. That way, depending on how you have your line group hunt options setup, if the voice mail ports fail to answer (due to Unity being down) it'll hunt to that last phone which you could maybe configure to go to an Operator who will answer the phone. Just an idea off the top of my head...

Hope that helps,

Brad