Views
Helpful
Replies

SRW2024 MIBs & OIDs

silazouk1976
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,
I'm trying to monitor my SRW2024 switches through the Opmanager Network Monitor Solution but unfortunately this solution doesn't have predefined monitors for Linksys Switches. I need to monitor the CPU, Memory and Backplane Utilization.

I contacted Opmanager to help me out and they told me than i need to contact Linksys to give me the MIBs or OIDs and then Linksys told me to contact Cisco Small Business Support.

I searched the the internet for these but nothing. I even downloaded a Walk SNMP agent and OID viewer but i haven't managed to pint point the MIBs or OIDs.

Can you please help me on this.

10 Replies 10

Glenn Quesenberry
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Per the SRW2024 Admin Guide; there are several RFC-compliant MIBs the SRW2024 adheres to.  I did find some Linksys MIBs available for download at ByteSphere, have you checked there yet?  If those don't meet your needs let me know via a new post and I'll check with the SRW2024 Product Manager.

Best Regards,

Glenn

Hi Glen,

Unfortunately this MIB did not help.

It's just a generic MIB that monitors the ports traffic which I already have.

I need the Backplane, CPU and Memory Utilization.

I've sent a request to the switch business unit to possibly answer to this posting and get you the requested MIBs or a location for them.

Best Regards,

Glenn

Hi Glen,

Do we have any news on this?

Sorry you haven't received any information on this.  I have escalted my request and you should receive some notification and/or confirmation of this very soon.  I had not responded back to this as I had incorrectly assumed it was a closed issue, my appologies!  I'm not sure exactly what MIBs we have to give you but the switch PM team should be responding shortly.

Best Regards,

Glenn

Hi Glen,

Unfortunately, I haven't received anything yet!

The SNMP MIBs are posted on this Community in the Documents folder. Here's the link:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-10504

Thanks,

Ivor

silazouk1976
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Ivor,

I tried loading few mibs in a different sequence and few got added. But I could not get the exact OIDs in those mibs!!

Can i please have the exact details of the MIB and their OIDs for CPU, memory and back plane of these switches.

Yes, as you have found the order of loading is important if loading a subset or specific MIBs.

In theory, you need the parent mib before the specific child ones can be added ... it sounds like this is not happening and you are getting an error. If the child MIBs are added without the parent, then the software does not have any framework for them and the loading will fail.

Will the SNMP software allow you to load the zip file as a whole?  Perhaps your SNMP tool shows the framework?  I have looked for some guidelines on the order of loading, however I have not been able to find anything thus yet.  I will continue to look.

HTH,

Andrew Lissitz

We do not have OIDs for memory consumption and backplane (or device) utility. Following please find OIDs for CPU utilization (on the SRW2024):

To enable/disable CPU utilization monitoring:

To view cpu utilization during last 5 minutes:

rlCpuUtilDuringLast5Minutes - 1.3.6.1.4.1.2955.89.1.9

To view cpu utilization during last 1 minute:

rlCpuUtilDuringLast5Minutes - 1.3.6.1.4.1.2955.89.1.8

To view cpu utilization during last 1 seconds:

rlCpuUtilDuringLast5Minutes - 1.3.6.1.4.1.2955.89.1.7

When I receive the MIB loading sequence, I will post it.

Thanks,

Ivor

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X