Need Help -Upload IOS from AIR-LAP1131

Unanswered Question
Nov 11th, 2009

Hi,

I would like to know is there a way to get the IOS from the AP ?

I'm trying to downgrade one AP that won't just get the ip or join the controller.

I HAVE and succeeded flashing the AP with newer IOS c1130-k9w7-tar... but I need the basic IOS with llwap commands. I downloaded the recovery IOS from the Cisco site (c1130-rck9w8-tar.123-7.JX9.tar) but as the AP tries to flash it, that fails.

Does someone know where I can DL that basic and working one IOS.

So no need to telling me how to flash the IOS to the AP that I can do, but how to get the IOS from the AP to computer.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
Robert.N.Barrett_2 Wed, 11/11/2009 - 07:46

Perhaps the "archive upload-sw" command (in enable mode) is what you seek? This is what you would use on an autonomous AP IOS. Don't know if it exists on LWAPPs.

If the AP won't flash the recovery image, why would it flash the LWAPP image from another AP? What message are you getting when flashing the image? I have never had a problem loading the rcv image on 1130's, 1240's, or 1250's.

jeff.kish Wed, 11/11/2009 - 13:03

Just to add to Robert (+5 for the helpful post there), if you're trying to upgrade an 1130 AP from LWAPP to IOS, you need to do the following:

Configure a TFTP server/PC to use the address 10.0.0.2

Place an 1130 autonomous image in the TFTP root directory

Rename the file "c1130-k9w7-tar.default"

Connect the PC to the AP using a crossover cable

Turn the AP off, then power it back on while holding the MODE button

Release the button once the AP LEDs turn red

This will automatically revert the AP back to autonomous mode. Just make sure to download an 1130 IOS image.

Jeff

jeff.kish Wed, 11/11/2009 - 13:05

Okay, and after re-reading, I think I missed the question. You're asking for how to copy an IOS image from an AP to a computer?

copy flash: tftp:

Enter that command, then follow the prompts.

Sorry for the extraneous info!

Jeff

Robert.N.Barrett_2 Wed, 11/11/2009 - 14:13

Jeff,

Thanks for the points. I'll return the favor since I think your answer is better, provided it works with a lightweight AP.

The poster has one AP, that is currently autonomous (may have been lightweight earlier), that won't flash the recovery firmware. The poster wants to get the lightweight image from a functioning lightweight AP, and then flash that image onto the malfunctioning AP.

Since I've never had an AP refuse to flash an image, I'm not sure why the "full" lightweight image would flash when the recovery image won't.

Actions

This Discussion