cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.2 SCP Server

chris.mcgarrah
Level 1
Level 1

In another posting it was mentioned that SCP Server functionality was available in LMS 3.2 Can you point me to some documentation on how to configure/use it?

We are running on Windows. Thanks

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It is used by SWIM for deploying tar images using SCP. You have to specify an SCP username and password under Common Services > Server > Admin > System Preferences.

Thanks for the links. That helps me in setting up LMS as SCP client and device as SCP server.

I was more interested in using LMS as an SCP Server, outside of the application, as can be done with TFTP.

In this thread: http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Network%20Infrastructure&topic=Network%20Management&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40^1%40%40.2cd487ac/2#selected_message Joe mentions that SCP Server functionality was not available in 3.1 but would be available in 3.2 I'm interested in finding out more about that and if SCP can be used outside of LMS to move files to non-Cisco devices. Thanks.

Have you tried say "copy run scp://scpuser:scppassword@lms-hostname/some/path/" from IOS CLI after configuring the aforementioned SCP username and password in Common Services?

No, the SCP server shipping with LMS does not support operations outside of LMS. While you may get them to work, the intention was only to support LMS file copy operations.