cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Download link for Common services 3.3

hitendergupta
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking for download link for common services 3.3 but not getting it. Can anybody help me out with this. I have installed Ciscoworks CSM 3.3.1 with Common services 3.2.

11 Replies 11

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Common Services 3.3 is only available as part of LMS 3.2. Why do you want it?

Thanks Clarke for the response.

I have installed Cisco Security Manger 3.3.1. Now I want to installed RME over that and its asking to upgrade the Common services from version 3.2 to 3.3. And when I am going to download the common services 3.3 its redirecting to patches section. Also LMS3.2 version link I am not getting under Lan Management Solution section.

If CSM 3.3.1 includes RME, you want RME 4.2 not 4.3. Upgrading Common Services to 3.3 could very well break CSM. How did you get RME 4.3?

Thanks Clarke.

I have downloaded CSM 3.3.1 which includes Common services 3.2 not RME. A seperate setup is available for RME 4.3.1. but when I am trying to install RME4.3.1 its asking to upgrade common services to version 3.3. Now I am searching for common services software version 3.3.

Yesterday I had downloaded setup of LMS3.2 which is having common services software v 3.3 but getting error message in setup. LMS 3.2 setup prompting me to take the backup first and when I am giving the folder path the backup got failed. I tried almost 4-5 times and the same is happening. Now I am not getting which software I have to install first and what is the compatibility between them. I want to install CSM and RME both on same machine so that I can monitor and manage all firewalls.

Hope I have answered all your queries. Will be very thankful to you if you can provide some help on this.

Please note that the Release Notes for CSM 3.3.1 specify that it supports Common Services 3.2 with RME 4.2

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/security_management/cisco_security_manager/security_manager/3.3.1/release/notes/csmrn331.html

Even if you somehow manage to get CS 3.3 / RME 4.3.1 installed on your CSM server, you will likely break that product as it is tightly coupled to having the proper supporting software installed. At best you will be running in an unsupported configuration.

Thanks for this information. I just want to install RME whatever the version will be. I was looking for latest version because the installer is available for them. And unable to get the link for version 4.2. If you have the link please share.

You can download RME 4.2 from http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/csm-app . You will see a link to download RME 4.2.0.

Thanks so much for this timely and valuable help.

Hi Clarke, One more small help. I have license for RME v4.0. Can I use the same with RME 4.2 or I have to go for new one.

Thanks

Hitender

No, you will need a new license. RME 4.0 is part of LMS 2.x, but RME 4.2 is part of LMS 3.1.

Thank you very much for all your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: