cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Error APF-4-ASSOCREQ_PROC_FAILED:

9tgonzalez
Level 1
Level 1

I have a small group of users intermittently dropping connection. I see this error in the log when they drop connection:

Nov 11 12:59:46 10.8.0.198 CHIWLC-1: *Nov 11 12:59:46.664: %APF-4-ASSOCREQ_PROC_FAILED: apf_80211.c:2944 Failed to process an association request from 00:21:5d:db:11:a2. WLAN:4, SSID:NAVTEQ-nomad. mobile in database timed out.

Running version 6.0.182.0 on my 4404.

Thanks.

11 Replies 11

wackerk24
Level 4
Level 4

It looks like the wireless client isn't responding to the WLC request for association or the association request is possible malformed. Are you running the latest client drivers/supplicant?

It's a win xp Dell laptop with Intel 5100 AGN card. I have updated the latest (November 2009) dell client - Intel driver. I was having the same prob with old driver too.

Okay, can you debug that particular client, reproduce the disconnect and attach the log?

I have debug log from my syslog server.

See users mac addr. (00:21:5d:

db:11:a2)

First error at 12:59:46.

Thanks for your help!

What do you have the session timeout value set to? I don't see anything about this client that jumps out. Also this looks like the syslog output from the controller. Can you run a debug on the controller for that particular client and capture the logs when the issue happens and resend?

Can yo give me instructions to debug for this client? Thanks.

Sure,

debug mac

HTH

Is the issues with other devices besides the Dell that you mentioned? Have you tried other devices to see if they have the same issue. Is your client devices going to sleep or powering down. Might want to set the client device to max performance just to test. I'm also assuming that the wireless side is setup correctly.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Make sure the idle user timeout is more than 5 minutes un the controller tab in the WLC code. Also increase the EAP timeouts to insure you are getting the EAP response in a timely manner if you are using a version of EAP to authenticate. If this fails on a rekeying transmission you will be disassociated as is shown in the error you mention.

Hi Dennis, could you explain in a little bit more detail which timer you are talking about? We are getting a lot of these errors since we updated the WiSM/WCS from 5.2 to 6.0.

cstockwe
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I get the same error but also one that is slighlty different that I haven't been able to find what it means:

APF-4-ASSOCREQ_PROC_FAILED: Failed to process an association request from 00:11:55:d4:11:11. WLAN:6, SSID:Vo5. TPSC found in message when not expected.

Anyone know what a TPSC is?

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: