VPN Client not working properly in windows 7

Answered Question
Nov 11th, 2009

I'm using the latest version of VPN client in windows 7 for several users and all of them are having problems, they get connected apparently but when trying to access the internal network to browse no connection is established, any one experiencing the same issue, nothing has been released in microsoft site regrading this issue they claim it should work just fine but aparently is not.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by brian.hooper about 4 years 4 months ago

We are using VPN client v5.0.05.0290 without a problem.  Here is a link that I found initially when testing with Windows 7 and the VPN client...maybe it will help you resolve your issue.

http://weblogs.asp.net/bhouse/archive/2009/01/15/how-to-successfully-install-cisco-vpn-client-on-windows-7.aspx

I didn't have to use this procedure on windows 7 pro 32bit.

On a different note, can you pass traffic to hosts on your internal LAN by IP address or hostname?  I found an issue using the AnyConnect client - I didn't configure the connection profile to tell the connecting client what our internal domain name was...so my clients weren't able to make connections inbound withougt manually appending the domain name to the end of the hostname...shot in the dark...

Good Luck!!

Average Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Richard Burts Fri, 11/13/2009 - 07:34

Luis

You say you are using the latest version of VPN client. Perhaps you could post the exact version that you are using?

Have you enabled logging in the VPN client for one of the Windows 7 PCs? Perhaps there are some log messages that would shed light on the problem.

HTH

Rick

luisrolocq Mon, 11/23/2009 - 16:42

Hi Rick

Thanks for your replay, sorry for the lack of information, I did follow the procedure posted by Brian and the issue was resolved.

Luis

Correct Answer
brian.hooper Mon, 11/23/2009 - 15:53

We are using VPN client v5.0.05.0290 without a problem.  Here is a link that I found initially when testing with Windows 7 and the VPN client...maybe it will help you resolve your issue.

http://weblogs.asp.net/bhouse/archive/2009/01/15/how-to-successfully-install-cisco-vpn-client-on-windows-7.aspx

I didn't have to use this procedure on windows 7 pro 32bit.

On a different note, can you pass traffic to hosts on your internal LAN by IP address or hostname?  I found an issue using the AnyConnect client - I didn't configure the connection profile to tell the connecting client what our internal domain name was...so my clients weren't able to make connections inbound withougt manually appending the domain name to the end of the hostname...shot in the dark...

Good Luck!!

luisrolocq Mon, 11/23/2009 - 16:40

Hi Brian

Thanks for the document it did help to have the issue resolved, now we have our test client working properly and will roll out the installation procedure to the rest of users

Luis C

Actions

Login or Register to take actions

This Discussion

Posted November 11, 2009 at 4:54 PM
Stats:
Replies:5 Avg. Rating:5
Views:29253 Votes:0
Shares:0
Tags: No tags.

Discussions Leaderboard