Engin Voip Drop outs

Unanswered Question

We've been using a sip provider in Australia called Engin for a couple years now without any problems. Recently they upgraded there systems and since we have been having call drop out problems typically between 15 and 20mins. Here is my config:

sip-ua

credentials username 0123456789 password 7 0123456789 realm apollo.engin.com.au

authentication username 0123456789 password 7 0123456789

no remote-party-id

retry invite 2

retry register 10

timers connect 100

registrar dns:apollo.engin.com.au expires 3600

sip-server dns:apollo.engin.com.au

connection-reuse

host-registrar

!

I'm guessing the problem is related to a session timeout, possibly not being sent from the uc520 or not being acknowledged due to firewall rule. Engin reports that similar issues have been noticed on Asterisk systems and by setting timers they have been resolved. Could it possibly be due to the registrar expires 3600 command and possibly reducing to a lower number (eg 900) help?
Also, if anyone has found any other helpful changes to the Engin recommended config listed on this site that handles Engin's new apollo server's that would be appreciated.
Thanks
I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Steven Smith Thu, 11/12/2009 - 11:44

It would be useful to know what timer they are talking about, and to know if Engin is sending info messages to know if calls are still up.

Changing the register command could fix, but that really depends on why the calls are getting torn down.  If the calls are failing at 15 minutes, you might want to set the timer to 10 minutes instead of 15, a timer value of 600.

Actions

This Discussion