Views
Helpful
Replies

Will a UC-520 Support Remote Users?

inewman
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have two sites each with a T1 line, 1721 router, and a uc520. Each location has 8 users. We can extension dial each location via what I assume is a VPN Tunnel.

My boss would like 7940 phone at home.

Is this possible?

Would we need another 1721 router?

Any help would be great!

Thanks!

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

A teleworker Router loke an SR520 (FE, ADSL or T1) is the UC500 Teleworker solution.   No more than 5 phones and a tunnel to the host allowing it to share the main campus Communications manager, AA, and voice mail.   Great solution since its inegrated completely.

In the near future (in pilot now), we will have a VPN Client on a phone too.  Probably like a SPA525G POE or WiFi color phone with built in MP3 player and desktop customization and bluetooth integration.

View solution in original post

no, it does adsl annex a or b and ethernet only.

cisco.com/smb

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

A teleworker Router loke an SR520 (FE, ADSL or T1) is the UC500 Teleworker solution.   No more than 5 phones and a tunnel to the host allowing it to share the main campus Communications manager, AA, and voice mail.   Great solution since its inegrated completely.

In the near future (in pilot now), we will have a VPN Client on a phone too.  Probably like a SPA525G POE or WiFi color phone with built in MP3 player and desktop customization and bluetooth integration.

Sorry I should have given more information. My boss only has a DSL line at home with no static ip address.

It looks like the sr500 only accepts a T1 line?

no, it does adsl annex a or b and ethernet only.

cisco.com/smb

John Platts
Level 4
Level 4

The SR520-T1 is capable of supporting a single data T1. If you need bonded T1 support, you will need to deploy the 1841, 1941, 2801, or 2901 ISR.

The Cisco 1721 has been obsolete for the last three years. It has been replaced by the 1841 and 1941 ISRs. You should be deploying a 1841 ISR, 1941 ISR, or SR520-T1 instead of a 1721.

You can set up a VPN between a ISR or SR520-T1 and a UC520.

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there,

I might be being a little simplistic about this, but why dont you just get a cheap Cisco router create an IPSEC tunnel back to the UC-500, purchase a powerpack for the phone and before you know it your boss is online and happy as larry (If larry is ever happy).

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: